Golf Rain Gear, Best Outerwear for Fall and Winter
You don’t have to play golf only when it’s sunny, but when you plan in the rain, make sure you buy the appropriate golf rain gear.
This golf apparel is engineered to keep you dry in the rain or help you stay warmer when it’s too windy.
Wearing the best gear for golfing will ensure you stay comfortable and still be able to swing a golf club properly.
The golf clothes that keep the rain off you are designed in different ways by a variety of manufacturers, but they are all aimed at keeping the golfer well protected from the strong wind and rain.
Looking for Top Weatherproof Golf Gear & Clothing Items?
Different types of rain gear for golf are weatherproof, thus appropriate as outerwear for golf.
They include the following;
- Windproof- these are meant to protect you from the strong winds, but can’t spare you from the rain. They are efficient when playing in windy and cold conditions. Some manufacturers treat these clothes with Teflon to make them a bit water-resistant, but they can’t be worn in wet weather conditions.
- Waterproof – waterproof outerwear keep their base layers dry regardless of how long you stay in the course. You’re kept from the rain completely. The most common fabric that is used to manufacture these types of clothes is, Goretex. It’s known to be a very effective waterproofing fabric. A porous membrane is laminated to a layer or can be between the fabric layers. The membrane is large enough to offer breathability but small enough to keep off liquid water.
- Rainproof– they are also known as showerproof. It’s not treated with Goretex, but rather with Teflon. It keeps off water for short periods as compared to the waterproof clothes. They are less expensive than waterproof ones.
How to Narrow Your Search: Price, Best Brand, Color, Size, Product Types
There is a long list of new, top golf gear for rain for sale. Is it price that should matter the most? There is a ton of free advice given out there, but before you decide which product or clothing to purchase, consider the following.
- Price – there are those that search for the best price and that’s ok, but be sure you are saving for the right reasons
- Size – this is one of the most import aspects obviously, but could narrow down your search
- Comfort – sometimes weatherproof items you buy help save on price, but comfort is key
- Fit – no matter how much you might save on price, if your new clothes interrupt your swing you won’t like it
- Color – hey, your new gear should look good and give you high confidence
- Clothing Manufacturer – some are better at
- Product Type – Jacket, Hat, Pants, Shoes
- New Product on the Market – sometimes your search might reveal a new technology that
The Best Golf Gear Product for Rain to Consider
9. Under Armour Waterproof Bucket Hat
This hat is made from Gore-Tex making it waterproof as its name suggests. Due to its design, it provides you with a 360- degree protection, the rain will therefore not drip down to your skin, which can be very uncomfortable.
Most golfing jackets aren’t designed with hoods to avoid impairing your vision. Buying a waterproof hat that is the right size and best fit is a great idea: it will help you save money with the right deals.
8. Sunderland Vancouver Waterproof Golf Jacket
This jacket may not offer the same reliability as Gore-Tex since it’s made from100% Polyester. It’s however more budget-friendly. Moreover, its manufacturer says that it’s windproof, waterproof and breathable.
Since it’s manufactured from Polyester, it becomes less expensive than the outerwear clothes manufactured using Gore-Tex. Interestingly, they’re available in a variety of colors, thus you can choose one that is the most preferable for you.
7. Callaway Waterproof Hat 2018
This is waterproof golfing rain gear apparel that provides all-round protection to your head. It has reflective branding and a sweatband. The sweatband is important in summer days with some showers. It ensures that the moisture from your forehead doesn’t drip into your eyes.
The reflective branding plays an important role in the grey and dusky days, as you can be easily seen by the people in the course. It’s made from polyester and utilizes a waterproof construction. It’s however, only available in black. Not a bad price for this top product either.
6. Proquip Tour Flex Golf Jacket
This golfers rain gear is slim fitting to enhance mobility. It’s made from polyester and elastane and takes a waterproof construction. It also uses moisture-wicking technology to keep you cool and dry. Moreover, it’s stretchy to provide a perfect fit for you.
It has a storm collar that provides protection when it begins to rain. You can also put your small instruments on the side pockets without getting worried that they may get lost since the pockets are well zipped. Interestingly, it’s rustle-free, thus it isn’t annoying to those around you.
5. Callaway Weatherproof Series Corporate Golf Jacket
As the name suggests, this golf jacket is waterproof. It has splash-proof zippers to maintain its waterproof effect. It’s best suited for rain and cold conditions. It’s made from Polyester and has fully sealed seams. There are Velcro storm cuffs at the jacket’s wrists to keep off the wind and the water.
The cuffs are adjustable to provide a secure fit for you. Additionally, it’s stretchy to provide you with the necessary motions. For breathability, the jacket has a well designed three-layer membrane. The price of this product might be updated based on your size needed.
4. Under Armour Storm Elements Full-Zip Jacket
This is a waterproof jacket that utilizes storm technology to repel water and keep the interior dry making you comfortable on the course. The jacket also features some windproof materials for more comfort in the windy days.
It’s made from polyester and the soft inner coating absorbs the heat from your body to for more warmth even in the colder days. For a full range of motion, this jacket uses ‘action back construction.’ Nevertheless, there’re limited colors available for this jacket.
3. Under Armour Gore-Tex Paclite Trouser
This outerwear golf jacket is both waterproof and windproof. They are made of Polyester and are highly breathable to ensure that you’re comfortable throughout the course.
The Paclite technology makes them durable, hence you don’t have to keep on purchasing the trousers now and then, making them pocket-friendly. The trousers have five pockets, a flat front and give you unrestricted comfort due to the adjustable waistband.
2. Nike Hyper Adapt Storm-Fit Jacket
This is a stylish waterproof and windproof jacket. It gives you unrestricted motion due to the four-way stretch fabric. This jacket is popular as its both lightweight and comfortable. Since its seam-sealed, it keeps off rain effectively.
Moreover, the waterproof element of the jacket is enhanced more by a storm flap and waterproof zippers. Its breathability is enhanced by mesh sleeves that enable airflow on the inside, ensuring that you’re comfortable throughout the course.
1. Under Armour Gore-Tex Paclite Jacket
This jacket is both waterproof and windproof. It’s made from Gore-Tex to ensure that as it’s offering the weatherproofing element, it provides enough breathability. The storm technology utilized by Under Armour ensures that every drop of rain is kept off, and the wind is restricted effectively. Interestingly, with the Paclite technology, it’s easily folded into a small item and packed into your golf bag. This way, you can easily pull it out when it begins to rain.
The hems and cuffs of this jacket are adjustable to ensure that you get a perfect and secure fit. Furthermore, the hand pockets are zipped, hence you can securely store your small golf accessories for easy reach when needed. Nevertheless, it’s only available in red and black and the long zip can bulge out when in a bending position.
Free Advice & Final Thoughts
As you think about which weatherproof items you are going to search for try to focus on comfort as it relates to your swing. There is nothing worse that having clothes that get in the way of your swing.
Above all, ensure that you have chosen a product that you feel comfortable in and can move in your swing – price, color, product lines, fabric, high end vs. economical, what you might save – consider the list that matters to you.
Search for a product that is right size and breathable for more comfort and better performance in the golf course. You may consider the above information about rain gear golf (free) information sources like Golfsquatch provides.