Best Golf Balls For Beginners – Top 5 Review 2020 Edition
Golf is an interesting game! If you observe most people who are playing golf, you would probably see them often seem to pack irons. But, you might wonder, where are the best golf balls for beginners?
If you are a golfer, it is good to be concerned about golf balls. Some people might argue that any available ball can play. Well! No! To make great strides in the game, you will need to own the right Golf balls set. Know that golf balls are equally important as golf clubs.
Irrespective of the style in use, a ball will be the same even if there is a change in the iron.
Therefore, the top five best golf balls for beginners currently in the market are as follows:
You may want to look at some of our tips for buying the best golf ball for your game.
A Detailed review of the best golf balls for beginners
Callaway SuperSoft Best Golf Balls For Beginners
Callaway is the softest ball made of surlyn material. These are golf balls that have the lowest compression and capable of traveling a maximum straight distance. A new player who is still learning how to swing and stroke require this kind of a ball. Because, a player will enjoy the golf game better, as the ball travels a long distance when less effort is applied. In the end, a golfer will control the game better as the ball spins less due to very low compression.
- A golfer can greatly control the ball with less effort.
- The balls combine the distance, control and feel aspect.
- When you hit the balls with a wedge, the performance is great.
- This ball is made of durable cover that is cost-effective and long-lasting.
- Reduced spin and low compression enable the ball to travel straight and long distances.
- Diverse color options for the ball increase the visibility when shot up in the air.
- If you are new and not able to control the game effectively, chances of missing shots are high as the balls are designed to experience a rebound.
- A ball is hit harder even with moderate swing speed as any shot is intensified.
- The impact sound that a golf ball generates when hit is vital as it aids a player to determine whether the right kind of shot was fired. However, for these kinds of balls, no sound is produced.
Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls
Srixon balls have soft covers that are flexible enough to go vast distances. If you are a player with a nice swing speed of over 70 mph who doesn’t want to spend hours playing on the range, this is a perfect ball to consider. This ball has a softer feel and produces good shots as it has plenty of dimples.
- Even when the launching condition seems low, these balls by design will still launch high.
- The ball feels very good when hitting and very soft to hold as it has a soft cover and a low compressed core.
- After a high launch, the ball will go for a good distance as the design helps it to have a higher penetrating trajectory and lift.
- For anyone who needs to improve game performance, this ball is a good option to consider.
- Better travel and accuracy is achieved due to its low compression.
- A player can position the ball to hit in the right direction using the ball’s hit straight arrow.
- A beginner who hasn’t grasped crucial things about the game of golf might find these balls a bit costly.
- The ball can’t hold onto the greens well as it lacks adequate spin
Pinnacle Gold Golf Ball 15pk Yellow
Any individual who is learning the favorable swing speed or style of the game needs a ball that has the ability to go powerful distances with just a slight stroke. Fortunately, these kinds of balls don’t require much effort to attain good distances which make them the best golf balls for beginners.
- Due to the ball’s inbuilt power, a player doesn’t need to hit hard for it to travel a reasonable distance.
- The balls are made of high Optix technology which enables new players who are not yet versed with the greens spotting area to gain better visibility.
- A very good option for beginners to make the ball go straight and attain vast distances.
- Players will still be able to control the ball well even in cases where shots seem so short.
- The resultant spin is not that impressive owing to the ball’s construction.
- When compared to other balls of the same category, this kind of ball feels harder.
Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Golf Balls
Wilson golf balls are imported variety made of composite material. A beginner will find this ball advantageous as it allows a player who is just learning to shoot far and even reach the green area.
Even if a golfer hits a shallow shot, the ball’s aggressive core and low dimples enable it to attain great distances.
- The ball’s flight is better as air clings well onto its shallow dimples.
- Players feel good when playing as the ball has a very soft feel than other balls in its categories as it is made of rubber.
- Penetration of the best golf balls for beginners through the air is so fast due to its aerodynamic features.
- A new player gains more confidence in a game as the ball doesn’t compromise on good distance even if it has a good feel.
- The ball is long lasting to survive hard hits as it is made of sturdy quality material.
- A beginner might find difficult to control the ball better as the ball has a low spin.
- It is hard to get a nice shot as the ball will launch right off when used on a putter.
- If you hit hard the ball when it is stuck in bunkers of sand, the ball’s surface can easily damage.
TaylorMade Burner Best Golf Balls For Beginners
If you are familiar with the golfing industry, then you know that TaylorMade Burner is a well-reputable and amongst the biggest brand around.
Any beginner in the golfing arena desires a high-quality ball like this one that has a soft feel as well as able to go substantial distances.
In addition, any new golfer wants a low spin ball that is easy to launch. Although such kinds of players lack the adequate experience to have a good spin, the ball motivates players to confidently tackle the game as it spins nicely and goes far.
- Low ball players who halt shots find it suitable
- When it comes to the green, this ball performs very well
- A new player is encouraged to play as the ball can travel far as well as go high when hit.
- Short and soft shots can be done effectively as the ball rolls well on the put surface.
- It is usually easy to spot these kinds of balls whenever they go.
- The ball has quite low backspin
- When the best golf balls for beginners goes in the air, sighting it is hard as the ball is made of very translucent material.
- If a wedge is used to hit it, the performance is not that good.
Dimples on a Golf ball
If you keenly take a look at the golf ball, you will realize that apart from being shiny, the surface is not that smooth. Why? Those things that make the golf ball not to be smooth are the dimples. Previously, balls were dimple free, but as time passed, dimples became integrated into balls. Therefore, as you examine the golf ball, you will see plenty of dimples which may make you wonder why that is the case?
A golf ball has an average depth of about 0.01 inch and between 300 and 500 dimples. The helpful thing about these dimples it that they enable a ball to project far away.
Dimples in balls come in different shapes; while some are spherical others are hexagonal.
Why a golf ball needs dimples?
Dimples on any golf ball carry out a vital role of lift and drag of a ball. These aerodynamic forces will aid in flight. As the ball travels up in the air, dimples will allow adequate air to cling to the ball’s surface.
As the ball goes up, air will cling on the ball’s front side and later pass behind thereby reducing the drag and increasing the lift. The ball will in the process tend to travel further and higher.
However, for a smooth ball, air will not be able to cling onto the ball but smoothly flow making the ball to have half the drag and no lift increase.
Therefore, the lift will enable the ball to travel far and high in the distance while the drag provides a turbulent air layer for the surface of the ball to cling. In other words, dimples will allow the ball to keep going after an impact.
How do you choose a ball?
As a starter in the golfing game, you might ask; what do you consider when choosing the right kind of ball? Well! Here are some crucial factors to stick to when choosing a golf ball for the occasion.
The way the golf ball will react when it gets in contact with a golf club depends on the construction. In other words, the style of the golf game to be played will influence the choice of the ball in use. That is why you find manufacturers are keen when placing golf ball construction limits. The five main golf ball constructions that golfers use are as follows:
- One- piece: when it comes to golfing, this kind is the most basic. The ball is made out of a solid sphere that is molded with dimples. Such kind of a ball is designed for beginners and is the best suit for crazy-golf courses and driving ranges where the ball will not have to travel far. For that reason, most players use it as a playing ball in such kinds of areas as it can lost easily. Regarding costs, the shots are pretty costly than other models.
- Two- piece: it is a solid core built of tough and durable material. The golf ball’s firmer appearance enables it to generate more distance. Even if it has a high roll distance, it is not easy to control like other softer balls. Ordinary golfers commonly use it while playing.
- Three-piece: the golf balls entail either a liquid core or solid rubber. Due to their softness, a golfer has more control of the ball when hit. Besides, a player can comfortably provide the desired spin.
- Four-piece: each layer entailed in a four-piece has a different and specific purpose. It fuses the distance that the two-piece possesses with the three-piece construction feel. These two layers enable the ball to produce a good spin. The inner soft feel layer transfers the hot core energy, and the extra layer increases distance when it is hit.
- Five-piece: in the golf ball area, the latest development is this five-piece ball. This ball features five layers which react to different swing speeds and shots to generate optimum performance. Five areas that the ball can optimize performance include short iron, mid iron, long irons, driving, and wedge shots.
Much of the discussion about dimples has already been dealt with earlier. You are now aware that dimples determine the distance and speed that a ball will travel. Actually, the distance that a golf ball with dimples will go is almost twice the one that has no dimples. Also, a shot’s trajectory can also change greatly with a slight change of the ball’s depth.
Comprehension is a measurement of the deflection a golf ball takes when a clubface hits it. A golf ball is constructed to be either a low-compression or high-compression. When the ball experiences a high comprehension, the distance traveled will be longer. The basic reason for this is that, when a club hits a ball, the rebound tends to be more. Experienced players with high swing speeds and good ball control can comfortably handle hard compressed balls.
In a scenario whereby there is less comprehension, the balls will compress easily, as they tend to be soft. Such kinds of best golf balls for beginners are usually suitable for high handicappers and new players as they respond well to better control and slower swing speeds.
The design of golf balls is such that they can meet a player’s needs. The major spin categories include:
Low spin: these kinds of balls decreases created side spins thereby allowing the shots to go straighter through the atmosphere. Players who struggle to cover more ground distance are best-suited to use the balls.
Mid-spin: a mid-spinning ball is a combination of high and low spin balls. Besides incorporating the best of both feel and distance, mid-spin balls offers players solid distance with a great feel.
High-spin: these are the kinds of balls designed to spin the most in the air. Players can control high spin balls better than other types of balls. But, the detrimental thing about them is that they don’t travel much distance.
To wrap it up
Any golfer desires a the best golf balls for beginners which will give an amazing experience on the golf course. For a new golfer, any ball that can travel a reasonable distance with a light swing and has minimal mishits is suitable. Such kind of a ball will enable a player to have the confidence to hit well and experiment with plenty of variations to find a suitable gaming style.
For this reason, all the five balls discussed above are best golf balls for beginners, but a TaylorMade golf ball stands out as it is easy to hold and hit. The ball has a low drag that enables the ball speed not to reduce as well as a substantial amount of dimples for holding air, which allows it to go far. Apart from covering good distances, the ball’s performance in the green section is encouraging. Therefore, owing to it having a good distance and nice launch, any newcomer will become confident when using this golf ball.
We reviewed other golf ball brands reviewed
Best Golf Balls For Beginners - Review, 2020 Edition
Best Golf Balls For Beginners - Top 5 Review 2020 Edition Golf is an interesting game! If you observe most people who are playing golf, you would probably